Since the NetID covers so many services, trying to identify a problem and know where to go to get if fixed can be difficult. The following page will cover some of the more common problems, ways to identify the cause, and how to get help.
If you are having trouble creating your account, double check the following:
- You have tried Create my NetID but received the message "NetID account creation failed!"
- You have paid your tuition and fees in full at least 24 hours ago. [If it is less than 24 hours since you have paid for your tuition and fees for the class that requires the UT, CL or UD fee-- then you will need to wait AT LEAST 24 hours for the fee payment to process.]
- You have registered for classes at NSCC -- and you are NOT a student in one of the following programs: Running Start, Adult Basic Education (ABE), English as a Second Language (ESL), Western Washington University (WWU), Career Link, Families that Work (FTW) or Continuing Education. [These programs register their students with the college. If they have not entered you into the college system-- even if you are registered with their program-- then the NetID system will not recognize you as eligible. Contact your program office for more information].
- The quarter has not yet started. [While the system can update every 24 hours once the quarter has started, it is slow to update prior to the start of the quarter. If account creation fails during the break, try again to set up your account over the next few weeks. Most problems resolve before the start of the quarter. Your best chance of success will be just before the start of the quarter. Support/help for account creation is not available until the first day of the quarter.]
- If you meet the above criteria, and are still unable to create your NetID then there may be a technical problem in creating your account -- or -- you already have an account in the sytem.
To get help, you will need to visit the Open Computer Lab and ask for NetID help. Be sure to bring your Student ID (or some form of picture ID and your Student ID number). If you previously had a NetID, be sure to let the Computer Lab staff know.
You created your account, and maybe even used your NetID before when suddenly you can't access one particular service-- or all services:
- Are classes in session? Even if you have arranged with your instructor to finish classwork after the last day of finals, NetID services may not be available.
- Occassionally people get confused with all the different accounts and passwords. Verify that you have a NetID in your name.
- Verify that the service or services that you are attempting to access with your NetID are actual NetID services, and not associated with another account.
- Are you the only one having this problem? If others are having similar problems, there may be temporary technical problems with the service. Wait to see if the system resets. If not, visit the Open Computer Lab to report the problem.
- If you are having problems with just one NetID service (You can log into campus computers, but not wireless. You can access your storage space, but not your web space...) then read through the information for that service.
Top of page
More help is available by topic under the Services menu to the left.Top of page