To follow this tutorial, you must already be running FileZilla. If you have not yet installed FileZilla, follow the instructions on How To Install Filezilla.
- Start FileZilla. It should look like this. The front window is called
- In the upper left hand corner of the Site Manager window. Click on
'NetID' to highlight it. When done, it should look like this:
- Enter your NetID in the 'User:' box in the middle of the right side.
(You will not be able to enter a password here. You will prompted to
enter your password when you connect).
- Click on the
button to connect.
You will be prompted for your password. Put in your NetID password.
- The first time you connect, you will receive a message that the "host
key is not cached." Verify that the fingerprint is:
ssh-rsa 2048 46:16:b1:c9:ad:e0:3d:0a:9a:4d:7c:4b:36:c8:62:07
If it is, then click 'Yes.' If the fingerprint does not match, then do NOT connect.
- Once you connect, FileZilla will look something like this:
Area 1 on the left is your local computer (the computer you are sitting in front of).
Area 2 on the right is your 100MB personal storage space.
To Copy FilesTo copy files or folders, drag them from one side to the other.
To upload files from your computer to your 100MB personal storage space, drag them to Area 2. You can drag files from Area 1 to Area 2 in Filezilla. Or you can drag files from your desktop or computer folders directly to Area 2 on FileZilla.
To download files from your 100MB personal storage space, you will drag files from Area 2 to a folder in Area 1.
NotesIf you are uploading files to your storage space and they do not seem to appear in the listing, press the F5 key to refresh/reload the listings.